Want to wind your way into the Ganesh Chaturthi 2018 festivities in Mumbai? We suggest you sign up for this awesome two-wheeler experience by Life Away From Life.
Life Away From Life (LAFL) is an experiential travel company based in Mumbai. Started by avid adventure enthusiast, Prateek Deo Gupta in the year 2000. Since then, he has been taking lost urban souls to mountains, valleys, lakes and farms all over India.
This festive season, for Ganesh Chaturthi, Life Away From Life is organising a unique bike tour in Mumbai. This is a great way to zip across the city, experience the divinity and the revelry around one of Mumbai’s most famous festival. This is surely one of the most unique Ganesh Chaturthi experiences in Mumbai.
It will be a 3-day tour, starting on 12th September 2018.
Prateek and his guides will be taking visitors to public pandals and individual homes in Mumbai for Ganesh Chaturthi 2018.
About the LAFL Ganesh Chaturthi two-wheeler tour
A two-wheeler is a easiest and fastest way to see and experience the Ganesh festival. Life Away From Life offers you to see the Ganesha festival in Mumbai on a two-wheeler. This gives you flexibility to move around the crowded streets and in-between lanes. The two-wheeler can be a motorcycle or a scooter.
How do you get a two-wheeler? “Leave that to us to arrange for. We will arrange for the two-wheelers as per the person’s preference of motorcycle or scooter”, Prateek says. What if you don’t ride a two-wheeler? In that case, you can enjoy the tour as a pillion rider along with a LAFL guide or a fellow rider.
Highlights of this Ganesh Chaturthi two-wheeler tour
- Visiting community pandals ( Community places built temporarily).
- Getting amazing insights and original experiences into the lives of Mumbaikars, the colourful Indian culture, customs, traditions and even the exhilarating mythology of Hindu religion.
- Visit all the pandals via two-wheelers
- Private guides for a more personalised experience.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience.
- Small group trip, limited to 10 people.
Top Maharashtrian dishes you may savour during your Ganesh Chaturthi bike tours
- Modak – A sweet or savory dumpling prepared only during this festival
- Puran Poli – A sweet bread made with coconut and jaggery filling.
- Srikhand – A sour sweet yogurt made with cardamom, yogurt, saffron and fruits.
- Patholi – Steamed rice roll
- Kothimbirvada – A fried fritter made with spices and chickpea flour
- Varan Bhaat – Lentil curry and steamed rice is served with potato and beans side dish
- Sabudanavada – Fried snack made with boiled potato, peanuts, spices and tapioca pearl
- Chaliusal – Vegetable dish made with black eyed beans
- Katachi Amti – Tangy Dal made with chick pea and other masalas
- Kala Vatana Amti – Curry made with dried peas
- Karanji – Fried pastry made with almonds, cashews, coconut and others.
What are the charges?
The LAFL Ganesh Chaturthi two-wheeler tour costs ₹8,000 for Mumbaikars and ₹13890 for non-Mumbaikars.
The cost for non-Mumbaikars is all inclusive, covering accomodation in Mumbai for two nights and three days.
Book your tour on the LAFL website here
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Call: +91 7718058351
Office address: 414, Prabhat Centre Annexe, Sector 1A, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai 400614. Maharashtra, India.